Nsandi is one of the top savings organisations in the UK and has some 25 million customers saving with it. They are a government department and an Executive Agency of the Chancellor which means you are lending money for the government to use in return for a certain amount of interest or prizes from Premium Bonds.
|Nsandi Customer Service||0808 500 7007|
+44125 383 2007 (Overseas)
0800 056 0585 (minicom, freephone)
|Nsandi Customer Complaints Department||0800 092 1289|
Customer service email
If you would rather send an email than ring Nsandi then you can visit the website and fill in the form with your information. Staff will then try to get back in touch with you within 24 hours.
For general enquiries and customer support, you can ring the freephone number 0808 500 7007. Lines are open 24 hours a day. If you need to call from outside the UK, the number is +44 125 383 2007 although calls will cost depending on where you are and the time of the call.
If you use a minicom device, you can ring 0800 056 0858 which is a freephone number. And if you need to send paperwork or a query in writing send it to NS&I, Glasgow, G58 1SB. Include as much information as possible so they can easily answer your question. You can also find answers to many common queries on the website or reach out to the customer service team via the links there.
Nsandi aims to resolve all complaints as quickly as possible but if you want an idea of their complaints procedure, you can download the brochure here https://www.nsandi.com/files/published_files/asset/pdf/complaints-brochure-print-friendly.pdf. To make a complaint call 0800 092 1286 a freephone number. If you are calling from outside the UK, there will be call charges.
If you are unhappy with the outcome of the call or their resolution, then you can forward the complaint to the Financial Ombudsman team. They are a free and independent service and you can find more information about them here http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/.
If you want to use the online dispute resolution platform, you can ring this here https://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/main/index.cfm?event=main.home.chooseLanguage or you can send feedback via email to NS&[email protected].
The basics of their complaint process are:
- File a complaint online including all information asked for and as much about your issue as you can. Staff will respond within 24 hours
- Make a complaint via the phone by ringing the number above
- Make a complaint in writing by sending your letter to the address on the contact page of the website
Account management team
If you are an existing customer who needs a query resolving, you can reach the different teams within Nsandi and get the help you need.
- For online and phone services, visit https://www.nsandi.com/what-online-and-phone-service
- To see what can be managed on the phone or online, visit https://www.nsandi.com/what-can-i-manage-online-and-phone
- If you need to register as a user, visit https://www.nsandi.com/online-registration and follow the instructions
- If you want to go paperless as an existing customer, visit https://www.nsandi.com/how-do-i-go-paperless
- If you want to know the value of your investment, visit https://www.nsandi.com/how-can-i-check-what-my-investment-worth
- For the value of index-linked savings certificates, then check the calculator at https://www.nsandi.com/ilsc-calculator
- To change how you are notified about prizes, go to https://www.nsandi.com/how-do-i-change-which-account-my-prizes-interest-and-withdrawals-get-paid
- For information on payments to an international account, go to https://www.nsandi.com/can-i-pay-money-international-bank-account
- To close your account, visit https://www.nsandi.com/how-do-i-close-my-account-or-cash-my-investment and follow the instructions
- To change your password or to get help with logging into the website, go to https://www.nsandi.com/problems-logging
- For investors outside the UK, go to https://www.nsandi.com/i-live-outside-uk-can-i-invest-with-nsi
- For queries about investment by bank transfer or regular standing order, visit https://www.nsandi.com/can-i-buy-bank-transfer-or-regular-standing-order
- If you think a payment has not been sent, contact https://www.nsandi.com/what-if-im-not-sure-my-payment-has-been-received or call the number above
- To change your cookie settings on the website, go to https://www.aboutcookies.org/
If you want to know more about your account, how to make investments, manage accounts for other people or other queries, go to https://www.nsandi.com/how-do-i-manage-accounts-other-people. It will tell you about the power of attorney to manage other people’s accounts as well. You can also download the main guide to the service at https://www.nsandi.com/files/published_files/asset/pdf/death-claims-brochure.pdf or the death claim forms at https://www.nsandi.com/files/published_files/asset/pdf/death-claims-form.pdf.
If you are an existing account holder and you need to change some of the account details held by Nsandi, there are a few options.
- To change your address, log into the website and view your account then change your information or send an email via the portal to change the details
- To change your password, lo into the website and follow the steps to reset your password or call the team
- If you unable to make a secure password for your account, click https://www.nsandi.com/i-need-some-help-creating-my-password to get help on what to use. Never reuse a password from another website
Missing accounts and documents
If you have made an investment with Nsandi but cannot find the information about it, you can reach out to them and they can help. If you have your login information you can visit the website and simply download everything again, including the brochures and other helpful information. You can also contact the team and have them send out relevant paperwork.
If you need to replace missing records of your investment then visit https://www.nsandi.com/how-can-i-replace-missing-records-my-nsi-investments and reach out to the team.
If there isn’t sufficient information on the web page to answer your query, you can reach out to the team. They will go through account verification then be able to send proof of documents and other paperwork in a few days.
If you visit the website and there is one of more investments missing, the go to https://www.nsandi.com/registered-cant-see-investments and report this.
Premium bonds and prize links
If you have invested in Nsandi and have won a prize, here is where you need to go to claim it
- Premium bonds prizes – https://www.nsandi.com/how-will-i-know-ive-won
- Million pound jackpot – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmcyLXFxCok
- Who chooses the winners – https://www.nsandi.com/ernie
- Can payments go into a bank account – https://www.nsandi.com/can-my-prizes-be-paid-straight-my-bank-account
- Payment not received for a prize – https://www.nsandi.com/i-haven%E2%80%99t-been-paid-my-prize-money-yet-%E2%80%93-what-do-i-do
- What information is needed to check for a prize – https://www.nsandi.com/what-number-prize-checker
- Missed a call about a prize – https://www.nsandi.com/do-i-have-any-unclaimed-prizes
- Lost your holder’s number – https://www.nsandi.com/i-have-some-premium-bonds-i-have-lost-my-documents-or-holder%E2%80%99s-number
- Premium bonds service brochure – https://www.nsandi.com/files/published_files/asset/pdf/tracing-service-brochure-print-friendly.pdf
- Are premium bonds still valid – https://www.nsandi.com/are-my-old-premium-bonds-still-valid
- Details on premium bonds – https://www.nsandi.com/can-i-have-summary-my-premium-bond-numbers