Call connection number

Income Support

Income Support

Existing claimant enquiries – 0345 608 8545

Jobcentre Plus offers a dedicated number for existing claims on 0345 608 8545 .  This is for anyone claiming income support who needs to change their details. This might include new employment, a move of home or a change to monthly income that needs to be advised to the department as it can affect your monthly payments.  

You can also use the number to update bank details to ensure payments are made or if you haven’t received a payment you believe you are due.  If there are any policy changes that might affect your claim, you can use this number to find out about them.

The Income Support enquiries number 0345 608 8545 is charged at the same rate as 01/02 numbers.  This means the cost varies by provider but may come under inclusive minutes and therefore won’t cost anything.  You can check with your provider first before making the call.  The lines are open from 8am until 6pm Monday to Friday and are closed weekends and some bank holidays. If you query is about tax credits then you need to see our DWP contact page

Claim Income Support – 0800 055 6688

If you need to make a new claim for Income Support, you can call the Jobcentre Plus on 0800 055 6688.  This line will get you access to advisors who will tell you what you can claim for depending on your current income and send any paperwork required to start the claim.

If you require work out what you may be entitled to, you can use this benefits calculator.

There are also downloadable forms on the official website.  If you want to send something via post, you can check the official locator to find where your nearest Jobcentre Plus can be found.

Complaints & Disputes – 0345 608 8545

If you are unhappy about your Income Support claim, you can call 0345 608 8545 to discuss the matter.  

This might include issues such as applying for a ‘Mandatory Reconsideration Notice’ that lets you appeal to Social Security and Child Support Tribunal about the decision made in your case.  

You can also fill out form SSCS1 to start the process and can call 0300 123 1142 for help willing this out if you are in England or Wales or 0141 354 8400 if you are in Scotland.  Once complete, you should send the form to:

  • HMCTS SSCS Appeals Centre (Income Support),
  • PO Box 1203,
  • Bradford,
  • BD1 9WP,
  • United Kingdom.
  • HMCTS SSCS Appeals Centre (Income Support),
  • PO Box 27080,
  • Glasgow,
  • G2 9HQ,
  • United Kingdom.

Jobcentre Plus

If you need information regarding being a jobseeker and finding employment, you can contact your local Jobcentre Plus.  They can also give information for the Department of Work and Pensions on topics such as employment support and disability benefits.