Call connection number

Home Office

This is a non affiliated call connection service. The call connection telephone numbers supplied by are charged at 7p for the first minute and then 7p per minute plus your phone companies access charge. Callers must be over the age of 18.
Home Office

Home Office Customer Service Contact Numbers

The Home Office is the government department that handles everything from immigration and passports to crime and policy as well as drugs policy and counter-terrorism.  It aims to keep UK citizens and visitors safe and to make it a great place to live. The Home Office works with 28 public organisations and agencies. Their main customer service number is 020 7035 4848.


Home Office contact numbers

HelplineUK contact numbers
Home Office Contact Number – General Enquiries /  Government Switchboard

Home Office Public Enquiries

020 7035 4848
Home Office Minicom Service020 7035 4742
Media & Press Enquiries HM passport office020 7035 3535
Home Office Press Office Out Of Hours Number07659 174240
Immigration Enforcement Hotline0300 123 7000
Crimestoppers0800 555111
Customs Hotline0800 595 000
The Anti-Terrorist Hotline0800 789 321
CCTV Footage Requests020 7035 4646 or

020 8196 3757

General enquiries HM Passport Office0300 222 0000
General Register Office0300 123 1837
Home Office BRP Contact Number0300 123 2412
Office Travel Documents (Textphone Users – free number)0800 389 8289
Disclosure Complaints03000 200 190
Barring Complaints01325 953 795
HM Passport Office (Textphone Users)0300 222 0222
First-Tier Tribunal (Immigration And Asylum Chamber)0300 123 1711
HM Revenue And Customs (HMRC) Team0300 200 3700
HMRC (Textphone Users)0300 200 3719
Citizenship And Nationality0300 123 2253
UK Visas And Immigration Contact Centre0300 123 2241
Employer And Education Helpline0300 123 4699
Asylum Customer Contact Centre0300 123 2235
Asylum Customer Contact Centre (For Applications Before 5 March 2007)0151 213 4288
BRP card management service0300 123 2412
Home Office BRP Change Of Address Team0870 606 7766

Home Office contact opening hours

General Enquiries9am-5pm from Monday to Friday
Citizenship Enquiries

Including Asylum enquiries

9am-5pm Monday to Thursday

9am-4:30pm Friday

UK Visa & Immigration department

  • Education Helpline
  • Asylum application submission
9am-4:45pm Monday to Thursday

9am-4:30pm on Friday

Press Office (for press queries)7am-8pm from Monday to Friday
Passport Office8am-8pm from Monday to Friday

9am-5:30pm on Saturday & Sunday

General Registered office8am to 8pm Monday to Friday,

and 9am to 4pm on Saturday

First Tier Tribunal8:30am-5pm from Monday to Friday

Home Office contact address

If you need to send paperwork or documents to the Home Office, then you can send them to the main address – include your own details so they can respond to you.

Home Office, Direct Communications Unit, 2 Marsham Street, London, SW1P 4DF

Home Office UK Visas & Immigration contact number

If you need to get contact information for the UK Visas and Immigration department of the Home Office, you can visit the dedicated contact page.  Non-UK enquirers can either use the telephone, email or live chat to raise their query.  You can also use these options to update information held about you including your home address, legal representative, details of dependents or other information.  You can also send change of detail information along with supporting documents to:

Change of address team, 11th floor, Lunar House, 40 Wellesley Road, Croydon CR9 2BY

You can also call the Visas & Immigration team on 0300 123 2253.  This is a general enquiries line that handles queries such as changing your address or notifying that you have been married.  You can send details to the special email address [email protected] and also in writing to:

Marriage Referral and Assessment Unit, Dept 158, PO Box 306, Liverpool L2 0QN

If you have general immigration enquiries, such as querying settlement or a visa, then you can get in touch with the team on 0300 123 2241.  There is also a textphone user number on 0800 389 8289. These lines are open from 9am until 4:45pm Monday to Thursday and from 9am until 4:30pm on Friday.  If you need to check about a Turkish ECAA application, you can call 0870 336 9622 or send a query in writing to:

Home Office Turkish ECAA team address Turkish IAU, PO Box 3468, Sheffield S3 8WA

Home Office employer and education helpline

If you are sponsoring an employee or a student, you can call the home office from 9am until 4:45pm Monday to Thursday and from 9am until 4:30pm on Friday on 0300 123 4699.  This is the helpdesk that handles queries relating to business applications. There is also a contact address at [email protected] If you are a UK educational institute sponsoring someone, then email [email protected] with any queries.

Home Office Asylum customer contact

If you have an enquiry regarding an asylum support application, you can call the dedicated team on 0300 123 2235.  Lined are open from 9am until 4:45pm Monday to Thursday and from 9am until 4:30pm on Friday. If you applied before 5th March 2007, then you should use 0151 213 4288 which has the same opening hours.  For technical assistant with your application, you can contact the team via email on [email protected]  If you are outside the UK and want to make an application, you can visit this page for information on what to do.

Home Office contact email

There is a general email address for the Home Office where you can send a query and the team will come back to you as quickly as possible – [email protected]

Home Office contact number general enquiry

If you have a general enquiry or don’t know which department you need, you can call the general enquiry contact number on 020 7035 4848.  Lines are open from 9am until 5pm weekdays. If you need to use a minicom device, then call 20 7035 4742. There is also a fax number to send any related paperwork 0207 035 4745.

Home Office press office

If you are a journalist and need to contact the Press Office at the Home Office, you can call 020 7035 3535.  Lines are open from 7am until 8pm weekdays. For queries outside these times, call 07659 174240 and the team will help where possible

Home Office CCTV footage requests

If you want to get CCTV footage from Home Office cameras, you can contact the team on either 020 7035 4646 or 020 8196 3757.  You can also send your request in writing to:

Direct communications unit, 2 Marsham Street, London, SW1P 4DF

Home Office Immigration Enforcement

If you think you uncover someone living in the UK illegally and there is a danger, always ring 999 first.  You can also contact the Home Office via the immigration enforcement page contact form.  In addition, you can use the below numbers to get help and advice on the situation:

  • Immigration Enforcement hotline 0300 123 7000
  • Crimestoppers at 0800 555111 or you can check their details at this page
  • Customs hotline 0800 595 000, and,
  • The Anti-Terrorist hotline 0800 789 321 or you can check their details at this page

FOIHome Office FOI requests

FOI is the Freedom of Information Act and if you have a request under this for information held by the Home Office, you can get in touch with them to request it.  You must submit a written request by email, letter or fax and can find the public sector information here.  Information can be made accessible to you within 20 working days of this request.  You can send an email request to [email protected] or in writing to:

Parliamentary and diplomatic enquiries team, Her Majesty’s Passport Office, Globe House, 89 Eccleston Square, London, SW1V 1PN

PassportHome Office passport service

The Passport service is the only body in the UK that can issue passports and also offers civil registration services.  They operate a general register office that handles these services. If you need to contact the Passport Office, you can call 0300 222 0000.  This line is open 8-8 weekdays and 9-5:30 weekends and bank holidays. The number is also available to register a complaint relating to the passport service.  If you use a textphone, call 0300 222 0222 or a Text Relay service call 18001 0300 222 0000. There is also an online contact form you can use to send queries.

You can call 0300 123 1827 between 8-8 weekdays a d9-4 Saturdays if you need to complain about the certificate issued by the General Register Office.  You can also send your problem in writing to:

Customer services manager, Room D116, General Register Office, HM Passport Office, Trafalgar Road, Southport PR8 2HH

There is also an online contact form available here for this department.

Home Office general enquiries

If you want to send a general enquiry to the Home Office, you can send it to:

HM Passport Office, PO Box 767, Southport, PR8 9PW

You can use the general registered office for birth, death and marriage certificates.  The line for this department is 0300 123 1837 and it is open from 8-8 weekdays and from 9-4 Saturdays.

Home Office border force contact number

The Home Office border forces team can be reached in writing at:

Home Office Border Force Complaints and Correspondence Team, Lunar House, 11th floor Long Corridor, 40 Wellesley Road, Croydon CR9 2BY

The Border Force is responsible for the implementation of immigration and customs controls.  This is aimed at keeping check on people and goods that are entering the country. If you have a problem that needs their attention urgently, you can call 0300 123 7000.  The team can also offer advice and guidance regarding immigration rules. You can write to them at:

Immigration Enforcement, 1st Floor Seacole, 2 Marsham Street, London SW1P 4DF

Home Office fire & rescue service

The Home Office has s Chief Fire and Rescue Advisor who works with government minister, fire and rescue authorities and civil servants to help the UK’s fire departments offer the best possible service.  The CFRA can be reached by email at [email protected] or in writing to:

Fire and Resilience Directorate, Home Office, 2 Marsham Street, London SW1P 4DF

Home Office BRP contact number

The BRP or Biometric Residence Permit is the system that covers the biographic information, immigration status and entitlements of migrants living in the UK. If you want to get a permit, you can apply to the Home Office and normally receive one within 10 working days.  Should any information be incorrect, you can call 0300 123 2412. If yours is lost or stolen, then call the number above. If you are outside the UK and need to speak to the team, call +44 208 527 3623. If you need to change the address on your details, then call 0870 606 7766 before receiving the permit or on 0208 196 5454 after you receive the permit.  You can also notify of changes in writing to:

Change of Address Team, 11th Floor Lunar House, Wellesley Road, Croydon CR9 2BY

Home Office travel document

If you want to send a TD112BRP form to the Home Office, you can send it by phone, email or post.  The postal address is:

Home Office, Travel Documents BRP, PO Box 588, Durham DH99 1AA

The email address is [email protected] and you can notify by phone via 0208 196 0109 or to 0800 389 8289 if you want to send a text message.

Home Office citizenship contact

If you need to contact the UKVI team about citizen and nationality queries, you can send an email to [email protected] or you can ring 0300 123 2253.  Lines are open from 9-5 Mon-Thurs and from 9-4:30 on Fridays. You can also ring these lines from Europe if you need to make an enquiry.

Home Office UK complaints

The Home Office aims to have the highest standard of service for all its departments and staff are trained to handle your query effectively.  However, sometimes things do go wrong. And if you want to complain about an interaction with the Home Office, you can ring 020 7035 4848 or send details in a fax to 020 7035 4745.

You can also send details in an email to [email protected] or via the post including your own personal information for a response.  Response time is usually around 20 working days.

Home Office, Direct communications unit, 2 Marsham Street, London SW1P 4DF

If you are complaining about the UK Visa & Immigration Service (UKVI) then you need to either submit it via the online portal, email to [email protected] or send it in writing to:

Complaints allocation hub, Central point of receipt, 11th Floor, Lunar House, 40 Wellesley Road, Croydon, CR9 2BY

If you are complaining about the Border Force, then you can send an email to complaints&[email protected] or in writing to:

Border Force Complaints and Correspondence Team, Lunar House, 11th floor Long Corridor, 40 Wellesley Road, Croydon CR9 2 BY

If you are unhappy with the response that you receive, you can contact the complaints manager at the department on [email protected] or by posting details to:

Border Force Complaints and Correspondence Team, Building 25, Priory Court, St Johns Road, Dover, Kent, CT 17 9SH

If you are still unhappy, you can escalate the complaint to the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman.  They are available on 0345 015 4033 from 8:30 – 5:30pm or you can send details via their website at


Home Office DBS

If you want to complain about the disclosure and barring service, then you need to call 0300 020 0190 for disclosure complaints.  For barring complaints you need to call 0132 595 3795. You can also fill out an online form to register the complaint and send details to:

DBS customer relations PO Box 165 Liverpool L69 3JD

You can also send details to [email protected] by email or send a fax to 0300 123 1660.  If you are still unhappy with the response, you can contact the Independent Complaint Reviewer via post at:

Independent Complaint Reviewer, PO Box 165, Liverpool; L69 3JD

Or you can send details in an email to [email protected]

Home Office Immigration complaint number

If you want to complain about an immigration matter, you first start with the First Tier Tribunal.  This appeal can be done on the phone to 0300 123 1711 which is open from 8:30am until 5pm weekdays. You can also send an email to [email protected] or a fax to 0870 739 5895.  If you want to send details in the post, send it to:

First-tier Tribunal (Immigration and Asylum Chamber), PO Box 6987, Leicester LE1 6ZX

If you are not happy with the treatment you have received from a member of staff, then you can contact the relevant team.  Call 0300 200 3700 for the Border Force and 0300 200 3719 for HMRC. Lines are open from 8-6 weekdays. For postal complaints to the HMRC, write to:

HM Revenue and Customs – CITEX Written Enquiry Team, Local Compliance S0000, Newcastle, NE98 1ZZ United Kingdom

You can also escalate any complaint to the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman.  They are available from 8:30-5:30 weekdays on 0345 015 4033. Or you can either email to [email protected] or send in the post to:

Health Service Ombudsman, Millbank Tower, Millbank, London, SW1P 4QP

Contact Home Office through social media-Facebook, Twitter and other apps

Home Office Official Website
Home Office Official Flickr[email protected]/
Home Office Official Twitter
Home Office Official YouTube
Home Office Official LinkedIn
Home Office Official Facebook
Home Office iOS app