Extra Money and Help PIP Entitles You to

Or Call 0843 133 7286

Nsandi is one of the top savings organisations in the UK and has some 25 million customers saving with it. They are a government department and an Executive Agency of the Chancellor which means you are lending money for the government to use in return for a certain amount of interest or prizes from Premium Bonds.


Mobile users can click on the number above to call this company.

This is a non affiliated call connection service. The call connection telephone numbers supplied by phonethem.co.uk are charged at 7p for the first minute and then 7p per minute plus your phone companies access charge. Callers must be over the age of 18.

If you are eligible to receive the PIP, there are other benefits or financial assistance that you may also be entitled to receive.  You will need your award letter confirming the PIP before you can apply for this – this is sent when DWP confirm you will receive the payment.

Benefit top-ups

There are some top-ups, known as a premium, that you may be able to receive if you are awarded PIP:

  • Housing benefit
  • Jobseeker’s Allowance
  • Income Support
  • Working Tax Credit
  • Employment and Support Allowance (if you receive the PIP daily living component)
  • Pension Credit (if you receive the PIP daily living component)

You can get in touch with the office that handles these benefits to find out how to apply for them.  They will be able to tell you how to apply and what you might receive if you are accepted. These benefits don’t affect the amount of PIP that you will receive so it doesn’t hurt to check them out.

Council tax discount

If you get the daily living or mobility components of PIP, you may get a discount on your council tax bill.  How much depends on what rate of PIP you get but if you contact your local council, they will be able to tell you more.  They will also be able to tell you how to apply for it.

PIP for a child

If you have a child or someone between 16-20 who is still in education or training, you may able to review Housing Benefit when they get PIP.  You may also be entitled to a reduction in your council tax bill. To apply for this, get in charge with the relevant department.

Travel support

If you receive PIP, you may be entitled to different kinds of travel support including:

  • Disabled person’s railcard – one-third off most rail fares
  • Blue badge (England & Wales)
  • Road tax – up to 50% off for standard PIP mobility rate, up to 100% off for enhanced PIP mobility rate
  • Free local bus travel – contact your local council for this
  • Motability scheme – for enhanced PIP mobility rate