Economy Energy is one of the fastest growing suppliers of energy here in the UK and offers gas and electricity at very competitive prices. The company have pre-payment meters and offer pay as you go services to help people better manage their utility bills. The customer care team are available to help with all queries and can be reached by calling 0333 103 9053.
Direct and important Economy Energy numbers
|Helpline||UK Contact Numbers||International Contact Numbers|
|Economy Energy Customer Services||0333 103 9053||+44 333 103 9053|
|Register for Economy Energy Priority Services||0247 776 7296||+44 247 776 7296|
|Economy Energy Text Message Number||024 76 100 767||+44 24 76 100 767|
|Stepchange Debt Charity (debt advice)||0800 138 1111||+44 800 138 1111|
|National Grid Emergency Line (power cuts)||0800 111 999||+44 800 111 999|
|Electricity Helpline (power cuts)||105|
|Ombudsman Services: Energy (escalate a complaint)||0330 440 1624(textphone 0330 440 1600)||+44 330 440 1624(textphone +44 330 440 1600)|
|Citizen Advice Consumer Helpline||03454 04 05 06||+44 3454 04 05 06|
Economy Energy Contact
If you want to get in touch with Economy Energy, you can ring them on their main contact number 0333 103 9053. This line is available from 8am until 8pm Monday to Friday and from 8am and 6pm Saturdays. There is also a FAQs section that may be able to answer your question which you can find at https://www.economyenergy.co.uk/customer-support/. For quotes for your electric and gas, you can always use their website https://www.economyenergy.co.uk/switch-to-us
Economy Energy Meter Readings
If you need to submit a meter reading to Economy Energy, then there are a few different ways to do this. For starters you can send all of the information via email to [email protected] – make sure you include your account information, so they can match this up with your account. You can also provide this by ringing their main helpline number 0333 103 9053.
Economy Energy Home Move Service
If you are planning to move to a new address and want to swap over your supply with Economy to that new property, you can ring 0333 103 9053. This is the support team who will be able to walk you through the process of moving, which may involve providing meter readings for your old and new properties on the day of the move.
Economy Energy Top Ups
If you want to top up a prepayment meter, there are a few ways to do it:
- You can visit one of the 28,000 PayPoints around the UK where you can top up the account. If you are unsure where the nearest one is to you, visit their website at https://www.paypoint.com/en-gb/consumers/store-locator and put in your postcode to find out where these are
- If you have a smart meter, you can top up the meter via Economy’s app as well as on the website, by phoning them or by text message
- The top-up app is available from either the App Store for iPhones and from the Google Play store for Android phones. Once you have installed it, you can easily use it to top up your meter
- You can use the website to top up your meter by visiting https://economyenergypayments.paypoint.com/Energy
- You can ring Economy on 0333 103 9053 and select option ‘5’ to make a debit or credit card payment to top up your meter – this is an automated service and is available at any time of the day
- You can send a top up message via text by typing PAY followed by your smart payment card and the amount you want to top up then sending the message to 024 76 100 767
- Any store with a Pay Point can be used to top up your meter
If you are having financial difficulties and are struggling to pay your electricity or gas, you can contact StepChange Debt Charity on 0800 138 1111. They are available from 8am until 8pm weekdays and until 4pm Saturdays or you can visit their online help website to get more information and advice at https://www.stepchange.org/
Economy Energy Priority Services Register (PSR)
Customers who have special requirements can easily register that they need accessible format bills by calling either 0247 776 7296 or 0333 103 9053. There are various options available including accessible format bills, password schemes or type talk services. You can also send a request for these services via email to [email protected] or by filling in your information on the Priority Services Register (PSR) at https://www.economyenergy.co.uk/media/1296/economy-energy-priority-services-form-v1.pdf. If you want to send the request in writing, you can do so by sending it to
Economy Energy, Friars House, Manor House Drive, Coventry, CV1 2TE
Economy Energy Media Relations Team
If you are a journalist and need to talk to the media relations team at Economy, you can send an email to [email protected] with details of your query and the team will get back in touch with you.
Economy Energy Emergency Numbers
- A gas leak can be a very dangerous thing and if you think you have a leak, have smelled gas or heard what sounds like escaping gas, it is important to call the national emergency line immediately on 0800 111 999. This line is for gas leaks and is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you think there is a gas leak in the house, open windows and doors and try to get everyone outside before you make the call. You can also get in touch with Economy as your provider to let them know about the situation by calling them on 0333 103 9053 or afterwards by using their website https://www.economyenergy.co.uk/customer-support/emergencies/electricity-emergency/
- If you have experienced a power cut, then you can ring the electricity helpline on 105 to report it and find out what the situation is. You can also contact Economy who can let you know anything they have been told from the national grid services about the issue.
- For emergency top-ups, you can ring the Economy Energy emergency number 0333 103 9053 between 8am and 8pm weekdays or from 8am until 6pm Saturdays. If you run out of credit and cannot get to a top-up point, meters do have a £10 extra credit built into them that you can use and simply pay back on your next top up.
Economy Energy Complaints
While Economy do everything possible to make sure your experience with them is a good and positive one, sometimes things do go wrong. If you need to make a complaint, the company have a helpline number available from 9am until 5pm weekdays on 0333 103 9053. Ring this line to let them know about the nature of the problem and they will make every effort to deal with it as quickly as possible. If you prefer to send it in an email, then you can send it to [email protected] If you want to send it in writing or need to send supporting documents to the company regarding a complaint, you can post these to
Customer Complaints, Economy Energy, Friars House, Manor House Drive, Coventry, CV1 2TE
If you are unhappy with the response from Economy, you can escalate the complaint to the Ombudsman Services: Energy. These are the independent body that handles outstanding complaints and you can contact them on 0330 440 1624 (or 0330 440 1600 for textphone users) weekdays from 9am until 5pm. Alternatively, you can send details via email to [email protected] or in writing to Ombudsman Services: Energy, PO Box 966, Warrington, WA4 9DF.
You can also contact the Citizens Advice Bureau if you want to get someone to look at the matter for you by ringing their consumer helpline on 0345 404 506 which is open from 9am until 5pm weekdays.
Economy Energy Payment Difficulties
Should you be facing financial difficulties, then you don’t need to do it alone. Economy have a team of advisors ready to help and see what solutions they can come up with to assist with your utility bills. You can reach them on 0333 103 9053. If you are a direct debit customer, for example, it may be better to switch to being on a prepayment meter, so you can better manage your costs. There is also plenty of independent advice available if you need general financial help:
- StepChange Debt Charity – you can call them on 0800 138 111 from 8am until 8pm weekdays and until 4pm Saturdays. They also have a website with lots of general financial assistance information on it
- National Debtline – you can call free on 0808 808 4000 from 9am until 9pm weekdays and from 9:30am until 1pm Saturdays or visit their website
- Citizens Advice – you can ring them on 0845 345 4345
- Consumer Direct – you can call them on 0845 404 0506 or visit their website
Economy Energy Assistance Fund Team
Economy Energy operates an assistance fund that is there for customers who are in debt, who are repaying a debt amount or who are replacing an old appliance with a new efficient one to save money. There are certain eligibility criteria to meet before you can receive a payment from this fund but if you want to check and see if you may qualify, you can visit the web page https://www.economyenergy.co.uk/media/1376/whd-criteria_broader-group-june-2017.pdf. When you have done this, and you think that you do qualify, then you can make an online application here https://www.economyenergywhd.com/fund
Economy Energy Press Office Contact
If you are a journalist or other press professional who wants to talk to Economy about a matter, then you can contact their media team via email. Send details of your question to [email protected] and the company will respond as quickly as possible.
Economy Energy Jobs
Economy Energy operates a jobs area on their website where you can find out about the latest vacancies within the company. You can find it here at https://www.economyenergy.co.uk/careers/. If you have applied for a job and want to follow up on it or want to get more information about a role, you can also send an email to the dedicated email address at [email protected]economyenergy.co.uk and the human resources team will get back in touch with you.
Economy Mobile UK
Economy also offers mobile phone services and if you want to talk to them about these, you can contact them on 0333 103 9063. This line is open from 9am until 5pm weekdays and from 10am until 4pm Saturdays. The company offer a range of SIM cards, roaming services and other mobile products. If you already have an Economy mobile and you want to contact the team, you can just ring 500 from your phone to do this. You can also visit their website and use the online contact form to send the details of your query and they will answer the same way.