This call connection service is Them Telecom Ltd.
The direct number can be found at a lower
cost here


Call connection service.

Our call connection service is charged at £6 on
connection plus your phone company's access charge.

Have a pen and paper ready to take down the direct number or your recording reference number.

dwp log

Contact the Pension Service of the DWP on 0800 731 0469 in order to check how much you will receive for your state pension as well as to update your information and provide new banking details.  This number also serves to advise about how recent regulation changes may affect your situation.  There are also specific numbers to call for the different departments as well a textphone users numbers.

General queries0800 731 04690345 606 0285
State pension queries0800 731 78980800 731 7339
Help with online services0345 604 33490345 604 3412

Future Pension Centre – 0345 300 0168

If you want to contact DWP’s Future Pension Centre, you can call 0345 3000 168.  This number is to find out about the amount you will receive for your state pension when you reach retirement age and when this is.  You can request a written statement detailing your state pension fund and regular payments.  There is a dedicated textphone number on 0345 3000 169 and you can ring from outside the UK by calling +44 191 218 3600

Write to the Future Pension Centre

You can also write to them department for any of the above queries at:

  • The Pension Service 9,
  • Mail Handling Site A,
  • Wolverhampton,
  • WV98 1LU,
  • United Kingdom.

International Pension Centre: +44 191 218 7777

If you live outside the UK, contact the DWP’s International Pension Centre on the above number.  You can check about the status of your state pension and let them know about any change in details such as address or banking information.  If you are in the US and it is a bank holiday, be aware that payments will be delayed as these are handled by a US company on behalf of the DWP.  There are also special numbers for the different departments below:

State pension queries+44 191 218 7777
PRESA queries (Pro-rata Employment and Support Allowance)+44 191 218 7680
ESA queries (Employment and Support Allowance)+44 191 218 2050
IIDB queries (Industrial Industries Disablement Benefit)+44 191 218 7650
Jobseekers’ Allowance queries+44 191 218 7652
Bereavement Benefit or Widows’ Pension queries+44 191 218 7608
Incapacity Benefit & Maternity Allowance queries+44 191 218 7644

If you need to write to the DWP International Pension Centre, you can use the following address:

  • The Pension Service 11,
  • Mail Handling Site A,
  • Wolverhampton,
  • WV98 1LW,
  • United Kingdom.

Jobcentre Plus

If you need information regarding being a jobseeker and finding employment, you can contact your local Jobcentre Plus.  They can also give information for the Department of Work and Pensions on topics such as employment support and disability benefits.

Job centre plus

New benefit claims with DWP – 0800 055 6688

To contact the Jobcentre Plus with regards to new claims, called 0800 055 6688.  This allows you to make a new claim for benefits such as Employment and Support Allowance or the Universal Credit.  There are also specific numbers for the different benefits:

  •         Jobseekers
  •         Employment & Support
  •         Incapacity Benefit
  •         The Universal Credit
  •         Social Fun queries
  •         Maternity benefits
  •         Bereavement benefits and rights

Use this contact number to make a new claim for any of the above benefits as well as to find out the status of an existing claim.

Existing Benefit Claims – 0800 731 0469

If you need to contact DWP regarding an existing benefit claim, you can call 0345 608 8545.  This number can be used to notify of change of circumstances as well as details so if you have a job, have moved to a new house or are receiving a wage.  You can update your banking information to ensure payments continue and can also speak directly to the department listed below for the specific benefit:

Jobseekers Allowance

Incapacity Benefit

Employment & Support Allowance

0345 608 85450345 608 8551
Universal Credit queries0345 600 07230345 600 0743
Social Fund queries0345 603 69670345 608 8553
Maternity Allowance queries0345 608 86100345 608 8553
Bereavement Benefits and queries0345 608 86010345 608 8551

Change or cancel a DWP appointment – 0345 604 3719

If you need to phone DWP regarding a scheduled appointment, you can call 0345 604 3719. This lets you speak to someone at your local Jobcentre Plus and change or cancel and appointment. To ensure you continue to receive any benefits, you must inform them if you can’t make an appointment and schedule a replacement one.  For claims regarding Universal Credit, you should ring 0345 600 0723.

Contact your local Jobcentre Plus

Sometimes it is more efficient to contact your local Jobcentre Plus directly, rather than call the national number.  Therefore, to find the contact information for your local centre, use the official tool at or if you are in Northern Ireland.

Media enquiries – 020 3267 5144

To contact the Department of Work and Pensions as a member of the press for interview requests or to find out more about a subject, then call 020 3267 5144.  This number is suitable for national enquiries but you can also use the regional numbers for specific queries:

England & Wales – 029 2058 6097

Scotland – 0131 310 1122

You can also put the query in writing to the below address and they will respond in kind.

  • DWP Press Office,
  • Caxton House,
  • Tothill Street,
  • London,
  • SW1H 9NA,
  • United Kingdom.

DWP Complaints Department

To complain about the service you have received from DWP, you can contact the complaints department on 0345 608 8545 or if you want to complain about a pension related issue then call 0645 606 0265.  You can also complain in writing to the below address:

  • Department for Work and Pensions – Complaints,
  • PO Box 50101,
  • London,
  • SW1P 2WU,
  • United Kingdom.

Important phone numbers for the Department for Work & Pensions (DWP)

Pension Service queries0800 731 0469
New benefit claims and queries0800 055 6688
Existing benefit claims0345 608 8545
Media enquiries (England & Wales)020 3267 5144

Other ways to contact the Department for Work & Pensions (DWP)

Sometimes using the telephone isn’t the best option to contact DWP and therefore there are other ways you can get in touch.

DWP Email Address

For email, you can ask about services and find out more about different benefits by sending your information and query to [email protected]

Write to the Department for Work & Pensions

You can write to the DWP in order to get a written response to your query by sending the letter to the below address – this includes for benefits and pensions disputes.

  • DWP,
  • Caxton House,
  • Tothill Street,
  • London,
  • SW1H 9NA,
  • United Kingdom.