drivers license

DVLA where is my tax refund?

When you notify the DVLA that you have sold a car, they will automatically stop the car tax on it.  the same applies if you have taken it off the road and completed the SORN declaration or if the car has been written off after an accident.  You also need to tell them if the car is scrapped, stolen or exported out of the UK. Once they know, they can look at your tax and see if you are due a refund.  

If you paid in full, you will get a refund for any unused months. This will be sent by cheque in the name and address on the V5 log book. If you don’t receive a cheque within 6 weeks of notifying the DVLA about no longer having the car, then get in touch with them.