drivers license

Which DVLA form to change name?

If you want to change the name on your driving license, you can do this by completing form D1.  You can change your name or gender on this document as well as your title. You don’t need to provide proof to change your title unless it is to a hereditary one.  There’s no charge for this. If you have a lorry or bus license, you should use the form D2.

Send the form with your existing license and documents to confirm your new name to the DVLA office in Swansea.  You should also send your V5C form to change the details of any vehicles that you own as well.