Call connection number

Carers Allowance

This is a non affiliated call connection service. The call connection telephone numbers supplied by are charged at 7p for the first minute and then 7p per minute plus your phone companies access charge. Callers must be over the age of 18.
Carers Allowance

General enquiries

You can ring either 0843 133 7283 or 0345 608 4321 to speak to the Carer’s Allowance team.  This number offers help with a new application, find out about payment rates and also to let them know you are no longer a carer.  You can also use the number to find out how payments will impact other benefits you receive and other payments you make such as council ta.  The helpline also offers technical support for completing the form, if you need help or can’t download it.  You can inform about changing details such as hours spent caring or register for a holiday via this number.  You can also complain about a delayed payment or other issue to these numbers.

Lines are open 8:30 until 5pm Mon-Thurs and from 8:30 until 4:30 Fridays.  Calls cost the same as ring 01 and 02 numbers so a fixed rate access charge plus a per minute rate.  If you have inclusive minutes on your contract, you can usually call these numbers for free.

Textphone helpline – 0345 604 5312

If you use a textphone, you can ring this number to contact the Carer’s Allowance team.  They can handle a range of queries, but you do need to have either a textphone or minicom device to use this line.

Appeal against a decision to reduce your Carer’s Allowance – 0300 123 1142

You can ring the tribunal and complaints department on 0300 123 1142.  Here you can find out about how to appeal a decision and time-frames involved.  You may have to attend a court session and if you are unable to do so, you must ring this number as soon as possible to tell them.

Carer’s Allowance telephone numbers


General enquiries including complaints 0345 608 4321

Carer’s Allowance textphone users number 0345 604 5312

Appeal against a decision 0300 123 1142

Carer's Allowance Contact Number

Alternative ways to contact the Carer’s Allowance unit

There are alternative ways to get in touch in addition to the phone and ways to submit application forms.  There are also online facilities including a payment calculator and claims guidelines.

Write to the Carer’s Allowance unit

You can write to the team or forward forms or other paperwork to their main address:

Carers Allowance Unit,

Mail Handling Site A,


WV98 2AB,

United Kingdom.

Carer’s Allowance online service

You can also visit the website to access payment calculator, guidelines and to submit a new application.  There are also complaints and appeals paperwork available at