Camden Council

Call 020 7974 4444

Camden London Borough Council is one of the 32 borough councils that composed Greater London and was created in 1963 by combining three existing councils – Hampstead Metropolitan Borough Council, Holborn Metropolitan Borough Council and St Pancras Metropolitan Borough Council.  

Based in the Town Hall on Judd Street, the council offers services for people living in the area as well as businesses operating there.  You can pay your council tax, order a parking permit, get help with housing repairs and even check up when your bin collection is due. You can also find out about social and leisure facilities in the area.

The council is separated into 18 wards:

  1. Belsize
  2. Bloomsbury
  3. Camden Town with Primrose Hill
  4. Cantelowes
  5. Fortune Green
  6. Frognal & Fitzjohns
  7. Gospel Oak
  8. Hampstead Town
  9. Haverstock
  10. Highgate
  11. Holborn & Covent Garden
  12. Kentish Town
  13. Kilburn
  14. King’s Cross
  15. Regent’s Park
  16. St Pancras & Somers Town
  17. Swiss Cottage
  18. West Hampstead

Contacting the council

Camden council operates a comprehensive website where you can get lots of the information you need as well as set up an online account to make payments.  You can find it at  You can also use it for things like adult and children’s social care issues, planning permission queries, rubbish and recycling queries and to access housing services.

The main contact number for the council is 020 7974 4444 for the main office at 5 Pancras Square, London.  This can get you in touch with the various departments in the council for a wide range of services including:

  • Parking services
  • Housing benefits, rents and advice
  • Pest control and environmental services
  • Road, streets and traffic management issues
  • Libraries and children’s services
  • Commercial services including business rates

If you want to make a complaint or have an issue to raise in feedback for the council, you can visit the website page where you can report a range of problems.  You can also complain about a housing repair, make an appeal for a parking ticket or a general complaint about council staff or services.  You can also give feedback, good or bad, to help the council improve their services.